Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Valery's

I've bounced around with recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies and I've finally found the perfect cookie. I like my cookie soft but not flat if that makes sense. I'm also a little strange that I like my cookies cool, not warm out of the oven...goes along with my love of frozen dark chocolate. (I blame Mom for hiding the semi-sweet bakers chocolate in the freezer thinking that I wouldn't eat it. ha! That didn't work)

  • 3/4 C. unsalted butter (I use salted sometimes and just cut back on the salt)
  • 1 C. brown sugar
  • 1/4 C. granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 C. all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch (yup this is the secret from Anna Olson)
  • 1 tsp.baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 8oz chocolate chunks...pick some good stuff. I've even used Caramilk bars..yum
Preheat oven to 350
Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in Chocolate chunks!
Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 min. (Don't overcook!)

No comments: